920.478.3633 Ext. 2121
Greetings! My name is Nicole Bakalars and I am proud to serve the Waterloo area community as the K-8 School Counselor. I am currently providing services to students in kindergarten through 8th grade as well as being a resource for parents and teachers. My career as a school counselor in the Waterloo School District started in 2014. I earned my Masters in School Counseling from Marquette University in 2012.
- Classroom Guidance (K-4 & 6)
- Small Group Guidance (K-4)
Individual Student Planning
- Academic Support
- Goal Setting
- Transition to Intermediate/Middle School
- Transition of New Students
- Crisis Response
- Parent & Staff Consultation
- Individual & Small Group Counseling
- Conflict Resolution
- Community Referrals
The Counselor May Meet With Students About...
- Family changes
- Academic support
- Friendship issues
- Anger issues
- Anxiety/Stress management
- Coping skills
- Other topics.
How to Meet With Your Counselor:
- Students can arrange a time to meet with me individually or with a small group.
- Parents/Guardians, teachers or the principal may ask the counselor to see students.
A Counselor Helps:
- students develop a better understanding and acceptance of themselves
- students develop effective academic and learning skills
- students cope with family changes
- students develop decision making and problem solving skills
- students develop socially and emotionally to mature in their relationships with others
- students transition to new grade levels and schools
- parents understand their child's emotions, behaviors, and learning styles to assist them in meeting their child's needs
- parents and teachers create a positive learning environment
- teachers and administrators understand and meet the needs of all students in academic, personal, social, and emotional areas of development